Do you want to learn more about publicly engaged research? Those of us in the ENHANCE network are finalising the program for our School in Public Environmental Humanities. The school will take place in different parts of Stockholm during October 2 – 6, 2017, but will be located primarily around the KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
Applications are now closed, but please visit the school webpages for further information.
The school will focus on the theme of public environmental humanities. In that spirit, we invite an additional eight students to participate in the school. We hope that PhD students (or Master students and post-docs) from a variety of backgrounds will apply and be part of the school.
The ENHANCE students and instructors themselves represent a great deal of disciplinary and interdisciplinary training, in fields such as anthropology, creative writing, history, geography, marine policy, literature, STS, and social science. So, come join a growing network of environmental humanities scholars!
Schedule and Information about the School in Public Environmental Humanities
The schedule for the 2017 ENHANCE School gives students opportunity to explore, debate, and practice different modes and venues in which the public environmental humanities can materialise, such as filmmaking, exhibitions, policy/advocacy work, and journalism.
- The School is developed for the twelve (12) PhD students in the ENHANCE program, but we seek 8-10 additional students. PhD, master students, and post docs can apply.
- We invite applications from all disciplinary backgrounds: natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, and the arts.
- Lectures, workshops, and activities will be in English.
- Students will be required to participate in all the activities of the School, including attendance/participation, readings, and workshop activities.
- A limited number of travel grants will be available for successful applicants in order to cover completely or partially their travel and accommodation expenses.
- The student is responsible for arranging his/her stay during the school though we will provide some suggestions for accommodation.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day will be provided for the students.
- If desired, students will receive a certificate of participation, which they may use to claim ECTS.
How to Apply
To apply, please send:
- A motivation letter (max 300 words)
- A short CV (max 1 page)
- An abstract of your current research project (max 350 words)
- A statement whether or not you are applying for a travel grant and whether this is an indispensable condition for you to participate in the School
in a single PDF file to email@example.com by June 30, 2017.
We wish to thank those at KTH Environmental Humanities Laboratory, Division of History of Science, Technology and Environment and the ENHANCE network for spearheading the organisation of the school.